This week, we are doing a deep dive on 3 proven ways to add more customers to your laundry pickup and delivery business.
1. Have a Strong Online Presence
Here are 3 places to ensure your laundromat and laundry pick-up and delivery can be found online organically.
- Your own laundromat website. It's important to have a professional-looking website that you can direct potential customers to. When growing your laundry pick-up and delivery service, make sure your software can integrate seamlessly with your website. Software such as Cents can help you convert website visitors into paying customers right from your website.
- Google My Business. Be sure to create and claim your laundromat's Google for business account to be found in Google searches and on Google maps.
- Yelp. Some of your customers will use Yelp to help them make a decision on where to do their laundry. When you own the account and monitor it you have the ability to respond to reviews and manage the narrative about your laundromat.
Here are the two most effective places that we at Laundromat Resource Marketing suggest paying for customers online through advertising.
- Google. Advertising your laundry pick-up and delivery service on Google allows you to target the people who are actively looking for this service. These are hot leads.
- Facebook. Advertising your laundry pick-up and delivery service on Facebook is a little different. You're not putting your business in front of the people actively searching for your business, but you are able to target people who fall into your target demographic who are more likely to utilize this service. This gives you wider exposure.
2. Incentivize Your Existing Customers to Help
The second effective way to scale your laundry pick-up and delivery business is to recruit your customers to be your ambassadors and salespeople.
- In person. One of the most effective ways that I have seen laundromat owners leverage their existing customer base to scale is through offering referral discounts to both the customer and the people they refer to you. One of the easiest ways to grow your pick-up and delivery business is to convert your drop-off laundry customers into pick-up and delivery customers.
- Online. Enlist your current customers to help you recruit new customers online by asking for and encouraging them to leave a rating and review on your business on Google and Yelp.
3. Use Promotions to Hook New Customers
Effective usage of promotions can help you hook new customers and break them of the habit of doing their laundry however they currently do it. Giving an initial discount or offering extra perks such as free upgrades to higher quality detergents can help incentivize potential customers to give you a try.
The one caveat to all of this helping you scale your laundry pick-up and delivery business is that once you do get a customer to try you out, you need to deliver a great experience for them to keep them coming back. Don't put in the time, effort, and money it takes to get a new customer only to lose them to bad service or poor systems. Utilize a great software system like Cents to ensure your customers have the best experience every time. That is the true secret to successfully scaling your laundry pick-up and delivery business!
Book a free demo to see how Cents can help you grow laundry business and better streamline your overall processes.